STP Tarplastic Waterproofing Sealant
TarPlastic® is a cold applied bituminous caulking compound with mineral fillers in a volatile solvent to retain its plasticity. It is available in a putty form.TarPlastic® remains plastic for a considerable length of time. The skin and interior harden to some extent after application. It conforms to the requirement of IS : 1580 – 1991.
It is ideal for use in situation where certain degree of expansion, contraction and vibration is expected, like around J Hooks used for fixing Asbestos / GI sheets. It can also be used forcaulking various types of roofs and masonry walls, including
- Fully plugging gaps in tiles caused by sagging of battens or otherwise in case of tiled roofs.
- Filling minor cracks / gaps in terraced roofs or other locations.
- In case of GI / Asbestos roof sheets, apply TarPlastic® into the overlapping joints with knife and spatula after cleaning rusted joints and applying a coat of ShaliTex® Primer.
- To fix “J” Hooks for Asbestos or other roofing sheets, top of the holding bolts should be covered with TarPlastic® and a limpet washer fixed as a cover.
- Locate the cracks and then widen them to a V section, about 25 mm deep.
- Brush out the loose particles from the crack and dust it clean.
- Paint the cracks lightly with ShaliTex® Primer.
- Press TarPlastic® into the painted crack by hand or with a trowel and finish overlapping the crack by at least 25 mm on either side.
- Cold applied and ready to use. Does not require specialised handling for application.
- Does not creep or flow when applied on vertical or sloping surfaces.
- Remains plastic for a considerable time and, therefore, can accommodate a good degree of expansion, contraction and vibration.
Health & Safety
- Lid of the container should be firmly fixed, when not in use.
- Inflammable and hence keep away from direct flame.
- TarPlastic® shall have no harmful reaction, when it comes in contact with drinking water.
- Use goggles, hand gloves and trowel during application.
- Clean hands with warm soap water after application
Available in 1 kg, 4 kg, 20 kg, and 200 kg containers.
Keep in a cool and dry place, in airtight container, under the shed, away from heat.